If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (605) 213-3303

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

After The Storm

7/29/2019 (Permalink)

Mold growing on wall damaged by water coupled by high humidity

Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is not accurate. Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet. Mold spore thrive on moisture and can quickly form into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants. A strong, musty odor can lead you to a possible mold problem area. Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed, otherwise the mold may return. Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth so keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.

If you are concerned about indoor air quality or possible mold damages let SERVPRO of West Sioux Falls help investigate and make a plan to attack the mold. 

Other News

View Recent Posts