Are you prepared for Spring and Summer storms?
Fortunately, the Sioux Falls area has not been inundated with crazy amounts of rain like last spring, however, at SERVPRO of Sioux Falls we want to help you be ready for when a storm does come through town.
What to Expect
A storm system passing through the area can wreak havoc on your home. From flash floods, to hail and tornado damage, its best to prepare for the worst. A large amount of rain in a short amount of time can lead to sump pump backups, foundational flooding, and sewer water backups as the waste water system cannot keep up with the high demand.
No matter the type of damage, SERVPRO of Sioux Falls stands at the ready to help! Our crews are trained in the extraction of water and the drying of surfaces in your home. Should you need reconstruction after a water loss or damage from a tornado, we are equipped to help you clean up, and build back “Like it never even happened.”
How to Prepare
- Know the types flood risks in your area.
- Keep non-perishable food at the ready should the power be out for an extended time.
- Have candles and flashlights, with extra batteries, ready to be used in case of power outage.
- Know where your utility and electric shut offs are, these will be important to know in a flood scenario.
- Avoid driving through flooded roads.
For more great information on how to prepare for storm events, visit https://www.ready.gov for more great information and resources for developing a disaster plan.
For more information about SERVPRO of Sioux Falls please visit our Google listing: Check out SERVPRO of Sioux Falls on Google!