How To Handle Storm Damage
When storm damage hits Sioux Falls homes and businesses, it's important to know what to do until SERVPRO crews get on site.
- Call SERVPRO at (605) 213-3303 immediately upon discovering damage.
- Shut off the source of water (ie: replace sump pump) or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting. Use a shop vac or carpet cleaning machine to suck water from carpets. Do Not use a household vacuum cleaner.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove electronics, documents, sensitive or valuable items to a dry place.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting and window curtains off damp floors.
- Pull carpet back from the walls to limit water wicking into the drywall.
Don't forget that when storm damage strikes in Sioux Falls and the surrounding area, SERVPRO is here to help.